Friday, September 18, 2009

Wacky's Battle: A Mother's Fear

I feel sick whenever I watch the news; I’m afraid that the outside world is not a safe heaven for any of our sons and daughters. Just last night I’ve watch news about a 13 years old boy that died after his own mother beat him. I’ve been following treads about this young lady, a daughter who was shot point blank by a robber because she refuses to give her bag; she went on a coma and died after. A lot of child abuse video over the internet. I’ve read about a gun man who was suicidal he even account his plan on his blog and wrote that he will be shooting people at their local gym and would commit suicide. Every now and then we would hear news about someone’s son or daughter who was kidnap, rob, raped, involved in a vehicular accident and what not.


My son is 4 yrs old and I’m 32, oh yeah, you can say that I’m still young and I can carry on by protecting my child. But when you look deeper into the picture you’ll see big concerns and as much as I don’t want to anticipate or pre-empt any up coming events that this unpredictable life has to offer I still have to face some facts. You see I’m a single mother, I’m not getting any younger, my son is growing, soon he’ll need more than what I can comfortably offer and that this world is full of demented people and that evil comes in all forms, colors, shapes and sizes.


As our children step out of our home the world becomes their learning ground and the society becomes their family. But what does this society has to offer? ~ Nothing but a show case of wicked, fun fare politician who governs this nation with corrupt hands. The election is fast approaching everyone’s trying to kiss each others ass and everyone’s saying that they can provided betterment for our country, but has anyone said that I can save your kids from the fangs of civilization? Or can anyone of them realize that they are the disease…that they are the one killing our kids in the street, that they are the root cause of all the hunger, greed, ignorance and poverty that impels someone to rob our helpless kids in the street, forcing them to kill just so they can survive, lack of knowledge that leads to violence and abuse. Now, what can you offer me and how can you secure my child?


As a parent our instinct are to protect our children, to create a safe and wholesome environment for them but how can we do that if we are not so sure about what the world has to offer them. We can only keep them safe as far as our hands can stretch and they have to protect themselves out side our cradles. Those are my fear. I wonder how worst can this society grow when he reaches the ripe age and he has to face the battle on his own.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog. if you're looking for really nice uniforms, check out Best Buy Uniforms and get great deals too!

    ReplyDelete