Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Wacky Sea Monkeys

Yesterday I got Wacky his new obsession a Sea Monkey’s starter kit. He’s been asking me to buy that for almost 3 months now along with the others stuffs like bakugan, transformers, hot wheels and story books. So, when I was in megamall after being frustrated because I can’t find a costume of Naruto (his costume for United Nations), I came a cross the Sea Monkey’s section and started reading the instructions. The sales man approached to assist me, he graciously answered every question that I have about those tiny creatures and I ended up buying one.
When I reached home he was in our bedroom watching cartoons, he jump off the bed when he saw that I was carrying a toy kingdom plastic bag. He jumped around kissing and hugging me and saying I love you mommy! Thank you mommy! With out even knowing what’s inside the bag. I told him that I got him something that he’s been asking for a long time and he jump shouting “SEA MONKEYS!!! oh, mom you’re the best mom in the world!” (awwws! that’s so sweet).


So we open up the kit and as per instruction we have to purify the water first for 24 hours before putting the Sea Monkeys eggs, I was instructed by the guy who sold me the kit to use only absolute mineral water because it is much purer than the other bottled water (sosyal). Wacky was static he wanted to put the eggs right away but I have to explain that we have to wait for 24 hours before doing so…ang kulit, but he eventually understand.

Why did I buy him a Sea Monkey?

Because Wacky needs to learn the following:

Patience

The value of waiting.

Counting days

How to take care of pets (more like pet 101 for Wacky, I can’t allow Wacky to have dogs or cats at his age, we’ll start with the toy pet)

Raising a Sea monkey as pet is not that easy he needs to be patient and it will requires a lot of waiting.

There are 3 steps to follow in Raising Sea monkeys:

1st ~ purification of water, this will take 24 hours before the water is ready for the eggs.

2nd ~ waiting for the eggs to hatch which will take around 4-7 days depending on the water temperature

3rd ~ Feeding of the Sea Monkeys every 5 days, he can never feed the Sea Monkeys everyday otherwise they will die.

I just called him today to say good luck in his class, but when he picked up the phone he was telling me that later we’ll be putting the Sea Monkey’s egg and 5 days after we have to feed them. Wacky is really amazing he’s a fast learner I’m sure his digging the values that I’m trying to instill to his child heart and as per our Sea monkeys wish us luck, we can’t wait to see them!


What are Sea Monkeys anyways?

Sea-Monkeys® are a true miracle of nature. They exist in suspended animation inside their tiny eggs for many years. The instant-life crystals, in which the eggs are enclosed, preserve their viability and help to extend still further their un-hatched life span! Sea-Monkeys are real Time-Travelers asleep in biological time capsules for their strange journey into the future!


The joy of watching Sea-Monkeys grow offers a lot more than just pure fun. It is one of the outstanding educational experiences of a lifetime, because the entire life-cycle of these unique creatures are fully recreated. Conceived in 1960 as a biological novelty, the “fantasy” has transformed into brilliant reality.

Click here to learn about Sea Monkeys


No comments:

Post a Comment